Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dictionary of Artists


I had a wonderful thing happen to me after I put my artwork in the Saatchi Online Gallery. A woman saw my work and asked me to submit some of my pieces for possible inclusion in the "International Contemporary Masters 2010". This is a juried program, but unfortunately I am not able at this time to afford the $665 if I was chosen. My daughter is getting married in a month & all our money is going for that. Maybe next year they might ask me again and maybe I will have the money. We will see in 2011. I did though contribute a piece to their Dictionary of Artists. It was only $105. We won't tell my husband. He wouldn't like me spending the money for it, but this gets my work & information out to anyone who buys the dictionary. I think that is worth the investment. It was hard deciding which piece I wanted to put in the dictionary. I sure hope I made the right choice. I put one in that I like. I have liked this piece called Xs & Os since the day I finished it. There was just something about it. Anyway, I was very honored to have been asked to possibly be a part of one project & am part of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment