Friday, September 18, 2009

More Paintings




It has been a while since I posted anything on my blog. I have finished a number of pieces so I will be posting them here today. I have to say that I haven't tried anymore gelatin paintings. I don't think the result was exactly what I had hoped for. I have to remember that this was my first time using this process & the process was originally for fabric, so I probably should try it at least one more time. I tried another form of the gelatin painting last weekend, but still, it was not what I wanted. I am going to try an overpainting of the pieces I did last weekend to see if it changes the look.

Last Saturday I went to a small shop in downtown West Palm Beach for an art show. This shop teaches pottery and glasswork as well. They also sometimes have art shows. I exhibited some of my work at this shop two years ago. The shop is also affliated with the art gallery where I exhibited my work earlier this year. When I went down to the shop to see the artwork, the owner of the shop asked if I would be interested in possibly exhibiting my work at their next art show. Of course I said yes. So, she said she would try to contact me next time they had a show & see if I had pieces I wanted to exhibit. Of course I will have something to exhibit. These ladies are very connected to the art scene here in Palm Beach County. I hope to keep a good relationship with them in the coming months and years so that I can continue to show my work.

I am also working on a Blurb "BookSmart" coffee table book of my paintings for my children. Every time I think I have added as many paintings into it as I want, I create something new and like it enough to put in the book. So, the pages continue to grow. I really like the idea of Blurb.com and making your own books. I am really thinking of also doing a book for my daughter after her wedding. I bought cameras for people to take pictures at the wedding. I might include those in the book I do for her. A friend of mine is taking the pictures for the wedding and he is just giving my daughter the memory card. She is going to pick and chose from the pictures to have printed for her own album, but she will have all of the pictures taken to choose from in making the album. I will probably get some of those pictures as well & put them in the book for her as well. It will be a different kind of wedding album.


I added my paintings & they are kind of mixed in with my blog today. I moved them in & around my words.


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment