Friday, September 25, 2009

MosaicGlobe

I am working on putting together a website. I have already done the free site and will probably upgrade after my daughter's wedding. Here is my website address: http://abstractartinroyalpalmbeach.mosaicglobe.com/
Right now I can only put 25 paintings online and I have posted most of them here on this blog. Once I upgrade, I will be able to fix up the site more to my liking and add more paintings. I spend most of my free time painting, so my portfolio keeps growing. I have quite a few paintings that I need to bring to work and scan.

I started working Wednesday night on some paintings using wavy lines. I just had a thought about possibly doing more striped pictures only with wavy lines. Okay...I have to remember that, but back to what I am working on now. I am trying to paint people. No faces. No arms. No legs. Just a basic shape of a person with hair. I used the wavy lines to do hair. My first attempt is a girl in a long dress standing on a raised platform with an arbor around her. The rest of the painting looks like a wall in a room. I thought of someone getting an award or winning a contest. Of course nothing is realistic. It is all part of my abstract world. I guess this would be sort of representational art. You can tell it is a girl. She has long flowing wavy hair. So far I have not added flowers to the arbor, but that will happen tonight. I made the stand red, her hair yellow, and the arbor green. She is wearing an ultramarine violet mixed with white and cyan mixed with white dress. I have taken all my flower colors. I will have to put pink and white flowers on the arbor. The painting is not large, but it will need something added to the area next to her. So far I have no idea of what I might use there. I also did another one using some of the extra paint I had mixed up to paint a woman's head. I did the wavy hair and then I did a wavy top. After I got the top done and looked at the hair...I decided it looked like a woman sitting in a salon getting her hair cut. The hair is kind of wild and the top looks like the drape they put over you to keep the hair off. I am thinking I will add some silver lines behind her to look like a mirror and add some black around her to look like the chair. Hopefully it will all turn out like I am visualizing. The first wavy backgrounds I did are still sitting in my studio (my daughter's old bedroom). I still haven't decided how I am going to use them. They are not in wavy straight lines, but I might use them as a different stripe painting. We will just have to see where the weekend takes me. I will bring the paintings in to scan them so that anyone who might read this blog can see them after this big build up. I hope they don't disappoint.

Well, it is almost time to go home for the weekend. Till next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment